Monday, May 26, 2014

Little Canvas

Once again time has gotten away from me. It's been a busy month and included some fun vacation time to Napa and San Francisco.  The trips have inspired me so look for cool posts in the future.  But until then, several weeks ago, I created a canvas that makes me happy every time that I look at it.  It is a small , very simple canvas that I created when I was playing with my new fresco paints manufactured by Paper Artsy.  I managed to get these from The Stamproom  which is the one of only 2 US distributors of this paint  line.  It is a unique line in that it contains both translucent and opaque paints and there are great color choices.

I started with a blank 4 X 4 canvas.  I used my fingers and spread some various paints on the canvas .  I let a few of the colors  dry before the next layer and then also spread some on top of some wet plant and sprayed it with water so that it would spread.  After it dried, I also stamped it with a JOFY stamp, also from Paper Artsy,  I then used  Wendi Vecchi embossing paste and a dot stencil from  Dylusions  to add  texture.  I painted the embossed with distress paint and sprayed it with Dylusions spray.  My steps were to splatter some yellow paint to brighten things up and then added a few  black outlines to  and scratchy lines.  Below is the result.  Hope this little canvas brightens up your day.

Supplies Used
Paper Artsy Fresco Paints:
Baltic Blue            Sherbet
Tango                    London Bus
Zesty Zing            Beach Hut

Dylusions Stencil Small Bubbles

Paper Artsy Jofy Mini 33

Dylusions Ink Spray Bubblegum Pink

Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Picket Fence.








2 comments:

  1. You are so talented. It is a *very* happy little canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little canvas Lori! Love the texture and colors!

    ReplyDelete