Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Tag

At a class a couple of weekends ago, our very talented instructor Anita Houston showed us some really cool artist trading blocks that she designed and I think she will be teaching soon.  It inspired me to see what I could do with some similar supplies in my art space.  I wanted to make a simple Easter tag so I decided to create some fun colorful  Easter eggs.

I found some printable egg templates on line and printed them card stock.  Then I cut them out and glued some plain aluminum foil to each of the eggs.  I then impatiently waited  for them to dry (forgot to do this on the first one)  inserted them in an embossing folder and ran them through my Big Shot.

  The fun part comes next.  I got out my Adirondack Alcohol inks and started apply them  to the foil  I did this in a couple of different ways, first with the applicator tool and then directly from the bottle. I liked the direct from the bottle method better since it seem to give me more vivid color.  You could also color these with any alcohol based markers you have.  I might do some more using my Copic markers just to see what they look like.  
This is what the backside looks like.
I thought it looked really cool too 


Next I got a large tag and sprayed it with some sprays, that seemed to me to be Easter colors.  If you don't have these sprays use whatever you have. You could also do your background with watercolor and I bet it would be gorgeous with Twinkling H20s.

My black Ranger Archival ink pad and some cool Wendy Vecchi  and Prickly pear stamps added to my back ground.  A little lace for some Easter finery.

Then I arranged my eggs on top with some glue dots.  Shredded some green burlap ribbon for grass and attached it with matte medium.  (just cut burlap ribbon in 1/2 strips and pull the strands apart) A little sentiment attached with a brad and some ribbon completes the look.  

I have put a list of supplies I used below.  But I hope you use this just as inspiration as I did with Anita's project and create something that makes your soul sing.

Supplies:

  • Large Tag
  • Ranger - Adirondack Inks.
    • Sunshine Yellow
    • Watermelon
    • Indigo
    • Botanical
    • Purple Twilight
  • Lindy's Stamp  Gang Sprays
    • Caribbean Blue
    • Peony Scarlet Red
    • Luscious Lime
  • Art Anthology Spray
    • Timeless
  • Wendy Vecchi Stamp set - Well Worn Art
  • Prickly Pear - GG0145 Flower Cluster
  • Ranger Archival Ink
    •  Jet
    • Coffee
  • Paper Studio - Green & Brown ribbon 
  • Darcie embossing folder
  • Lace, ribbon,  & brad from my stash
  • Cardstock, glossy accents, aluminum foil, glue dots






2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! These eggs are fabulous! Great design and so beautiful! Happy Easter to you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Anita, Hope you had a wonderful day with the family see you soon.

      Delete